Optimal Blue allows you to create your very own products. This guide describes the steps needed to create a custom portfolio investor and products to return in the search results.
- Contact Optimal Blue Client Services to have a custom investor entity added to your site.
- Select your custom investor entity at the Hierarchy screen. (Label this entity “Custom Products” in the entity description field on the Entity Preferences screen.)
- Select Manage Product Sets either at the top or side navigation menu.
- Select the plus sign and “Add a new” at the top of the product tree.
- At the Product Set Preferences screen select the dial button for “Add Reference Product (Streamlined)”
- Product Name – Name you want listed in the product tree
- Product Code- Type the code for the program being added.
- Rule & Pricing Source Entity – Select the investor from the drop-down menu which will be referenced for eligibility/adjustment rules and pricing.
- Rule & Pricing Source Product- Select the specific program from the above selected investor which will be the specific source for eligibility rules and pricing.
- Click the “Add Product” button.
Note: Pricing Outputs must be enabled for investors whose products you wish to reference in the drop down lists noted above. Contact Client Services for additional information.
- Overlays can be made at any level of the product tree. Visit Eligibility or Adjustments activity.
- Pricing Source can be configured to allow a custom price file.
- Visit Product Set Preferences and Filters for Product Search to ensure products are coded correctly for loan type, loan term, ARM caps, etc.
- Visit Configuration Status on the Entity Selection screen to review where all products are sourced.