By design, originators cannot lock loans on products that are expired or suspended. When product are expired, pricing automatically reactivates the next time Optimal Blue downloads investor pricing. When products are suspended, pricing does not automatically reactivate the next time Optimal Blue downloads investor pricing. To reactivate pricing, you must either expire pricing before the next download or manually activate.
This guide describes how you can configure what time your investor pricing expires in Optimal Blue and how you can suspend or expire pricing on demand.
How to Set Pricing Expiration Times Demo:
Setting Pricing Expiration Times
Select an investor from the investor list on the Entity Selection tab in the configuration site.
- Select the Pricing Status/Import option in the Activity Selection menu.
Click the CLICK HERE to View/Change Availability Settings link or the Go To Availability Controls button.
- Choose one of the following options in the Pricing Expiration section at the top of the screen:
- Scheduled (Same Day) OR Investor Product Suspends Pricing
Scheduled (Next Day) OR Investor Product Suspends Pricing
- Scheduled (Next Bus Day) OR Investor Product Suspends Pricing
- Enter the time you want your pricing to expire. Make sure to put a space between the time and the AM and PM designation.
By setting investor specific expiration times, pricing will expire for all business channels that have that investor pricing “turned on”. Setting expiration times must be configured for each investor entity.
- After setting your pricing expiration times, click Update.