This article describes the steps to build a template for use in generating an Excel style rate sheet using Optimal Blue. Prior to building your template, you should have already completed building your rate sheet entity/product tree and configured your pricing sources. For the next step in this process, see the Rate Sheet Generation Step #4: Daily Generation article.
See the Rate Sheet Generation User Guide for the complete process.
Building a Rate Sheet Template
This section describes the steps to build a template for use in generating an Excel rate sheet using the template provided by Optimal Blue. Prior to building your template, you should have already completed building your rate sheet entity/product tree and configuring pricing sources. See the Building a Rate Sheet article for information on completing these steps.
Complete the following steps to build a rate sheet template:
- Select the Rate Sheet entity on the Entity Selection screen in your Configuration site.
- Select the Ratesheet Generation activity. The Ratesheet Generation Controls screen is displayed.
- You must create and save an Excel template in order to generate a rate sheet. Click on the Click Here link in the Update Template section to download a sample template that you can use to help you create your own.
As an example, below is the same template with the Conforming 30 Year Fixed product with the Pricing Source configured and the template updated to pull in the product rate and pricing.
- Build out your rate sheet to display all of the products you want to include.
Things to Remember:
- Use the data fields as displayed in the sample template. No custom formulas.
- Rate ~Product Code~ — Product code exactly as entered on the Streamlined Product Addition screen (See the Building a Rate Sheet article)
- ~DATA~-Day – Brings in the lock period
- ~DATA~ – Brings in the corresponding rate or price
- Do not add logos to your template, they will not transfer in. Logos must be added after the rate sheet has been generated by Optimal Blue.
- Note: Adjustments are listed separately as prices are not being run through Optimal Blue. Displayed prices are indicators only, go to www.optimalblue.com for true pricing.
- Once you have created a template for your rate sheet, you must save the file in a location from which you can upload it to Optimal Blue to generate the rate sheet. It is also recommended that you save your template in a place where you will not accidentally save a generated rate sheet in place of your template.
- Once your template is complete and saved to your local network drive, return to the Ratesheet Generation Controls screen. Click Choose File (or Browse) to select your template file and then click Upload.
- Once the file has uploaded, click on the file information in the Download Past Ratesheets section to open the rate sheet and verify it is working as intended. (Remember: Do not save this file in place of your template!)
For the next step in this process, see the Rate Sheet Generation Step #4: Daily Generation article.