Marking Loans As Hedged in 2ndary Options
In order for locks to immediately be seen in Secondary Services, users must mark the Hedge fields as Yes on the Secondary Options screen. The account manager will need to add the Hedge field and Save button to Secondary Options.
Rules can be scripted, by investor products, to be automatically included in the hedge. If such rule is scripted, this field will display Yes by default on locks for those products.
How to Script a ‘Mark as Hedged’ Rule
1. Log in to the Configuration Site
2. Select the investor with the product(s) you will auto-lock and navigate to Manage Products
3. Select the desired product or product set. Any products in the selected set will be subject to the scripted rule. Click the Adjustments activity.
4. Click the Add New Grid Set link.
5. Give your new grid set a name and click Add. Best practice is to name grid sets to include investor, product set and specify whether the grid set affect eligibility or adjustments. For example, BBT Conforming Fixed Adj.
6. Click the Add Scripted rule activity.
7. Give the scripted rule a name describing how you will use it. For example: Mark as Hedged. Click Save.
8. Under Action Type, click the Edit button and select Mark Product as Hedged. Click Update to Save changes.
Note: You can make the rule conditional based on various factors by editing the Condition box. You can also have multiple Action types. For example, some users find it useful to add Auto Accept During Lock Request when creating the scripted rule.
9. When you are finished scripting your rule, remember to click Save button to save.
Important: There are two entity preferences available in the Lender site Admin tab, that automatically transfer all lock requests or lock accepted loans to the Optimal Blue Secondary Services system. These should be set to No if you will be scripting rules at the investor/product level to mark loans as hedged.
New loans that match the appropriate entity or investor product configurations will now automatically push into Optimal Blue Secondary Services: