Users can create county groups and script rules and grids around those groups.
NOTE: The County Configuration activity is not available by default. Contact your Client Services Representative to enable if required.
Configuring County Groups
- Log in to the Configuration site.
- Select the desired investor entity and click the County Configuration activity.
- On the County Assignment screen, select:
- Input type
- Declining Market Type = Allows users to group counties and assign a declining market level by county.
- County Group = Allows users to group counties
- State – The county list will auto refresh based on the selected state.
- Click to place a check mark in each county box you wish to assign a group or level to.
- From the group/level drop down list select the desired group/level for each applicable county.
- Click Save Changes button when finished.
- Input type
NOTE: Each level or group is a singular grouping for all states. For example, if you assign three Alaska counties to Level 1, and four Texas counties to level 2 – all 7 counties are in one group. Users can place multiple counties in a single group at once by clicking the appropriate county check box and selecting the desired group from the Set Checked to drop down list and clicking the Apply button.
- You can rename the list to match the appropriate county names or give a group name by creating a User Defined List if the customer wants to. However, if “Group A” is acceptable to fire in the rule text, then this step is not necessary.
How to Script a Rule Using County Groups
- With the same investor selected, click the Manage Products tab and select the product/set to where you will script the new rule.
- Navigate to the Eligibility activity and click Add New Grid Set (if necessary).
- If you are creating a new grid set (not editing an existing rule), name your new grid set and click Add. Best practice is to include the investor name, product/set and whether it is an eligibility or adjustment rule. For example, if we are scripting this rule at the All Products set level, we would name it BB&T All Products Elig.
- With the grid set added, click Add New Scripted Rule.
- Name your rule and click Save.
- Under the Conditions section, click Edit and select County Group from the Variable drop down list. Choose the appropriate Operator and Value. Click Update.
- Edit your Action type appropriately (such as to Disqualify if True for example).